Read anytime, anywhere
On the bus, during breaks, in bed – never without books. The Kindle app is designed for book lovers, putting millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and comics at your fingertips.
Find your next reading
– Find your next great read with Kindle. Choose from over 6 million Kindle books (including audio-narrated books), magazines, audiobooks, and comics, and start reading in seconds. Discover new releases, Amazon chart toppers, and titles across genres such as romance, sci-fi, children, self-help, religion, non-fiction, and more – and try every book with free samples before you buy.
– Subscribe to Kindle Unlimited for unlimited reading and listening. Discover over 1 million books, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines for just $9.99 a month.
– Amazon Prime includes over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more.
– Save up to 80% every day on new curated books including romance, sci-fi, non-fiction and books aimed at younger readers with Kindle Daily Deals.
Use the free Kindle app to turn your phone or tablet into a book so you can read it anytime, anywhere. Discover these reading features in the Kindle app:
– Read your way. Adjust text size, font, margins, text alignment and alignment (portrait or landscape) – and choose to page from left to right or scroll continuously. With adjustable brightness and background color, read comfortably day or night. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
– Find words, people and places as you read. Browse words you don’t know and characters you don’t remember using the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia search, instant translation and search in your book. Just click and hold on a word to see its definition, or use Google and Wikipedia links to learn more.
– Track your reading progress. See the percentage of books you’ve read, the actual number of pages (for most popular books), and the time you have left in a chapter or book, based on your actual reading speed.
– Bookmark and mark places you want to revisit and take notes in your book. Open My Notebook and see all your notes in one place.
– Bounce, browse and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip – don’t worry, we’ll save you space.
– Enlarge high-resolution color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and comics.
– Sync your books across devices. When you read a book, the Kindle app automatically syncs where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and stop you on another Continue reading where you left off.
– If you can’t read, please listen. In the Kindle app, switch seamlessly from reading Kindle books to listening to Audible books.
– You’ll be notified when a new edition of an author you love or a book you’re interested in goes on sale.