SMS Backup & Restore is an application to backup (copy) SMS and MMS messages and call logs currently available on your phone. It can also restore messages and call logs from pre-existing backups.
Note: This app requires an existing backup to restore call logs and messages. It cannot restore anything without an existing backup.
If you have any questions or issues, please visit our FAQ: https://synctech.com.au/sms-faqs/
– Backup SMS (text) messages, MMS and call logs in XML format.
– Local device backup with optional automatic upload to Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive.
– Choose a recurring schedule for automatic backups.
– Option to choose which conversations to backup or restore.
– View and check your local and cloud backups.
– Look for fuses.
– Restore/transfer backup to another phone. The backup format is independent of the Android version, so messages and logs can be easily transferred from one phone to another regardless of version.
– Fast transfer between 2 phones directly via WiFi
– Free up phone space. Delete any SMS messages or call logs on your phone.
– Email backup files.
– The XML backup can be viewed on a computer using the online viewer at https://SyncTech.com.au/view-backup/.
– Tested on Android 5.0 and above
– The app restores only backups created by the app
– By default, backups are created locally on the phone, but offer the option to upload to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or email. These files are never sent to developers.
– Before doing a factory reset, make sure you have a backup copy outside your phone.
This application requires access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and restore messages. When the app is the default messaging app, get the SMS permissions needed to properly handle incoming messages.
* Your calls and contact information: Backup and restore call history.
* Storage: Create backup files on SD card.
* Network View and Communication: Allows apps to connect to WiFi for backup
* Your social information: View contact names and save them in a backup file.
* Run at startup: Start the scheduled backup.
* Prevent phone from hibernation: Prevent phone from hibernating/suspending while backup or restore operations are in progress.
* Test access to protected storage: create a backup file on the SD card.
* Account Information: Used to authenticate to Google Drive and Gmail for cloud uploads.
*Location: Due to Android security requirements, only requested and used during WiFi live streaming.